2.08.2007

Wishing You Well

My Creative Zen Micro is broken =(


It slipped out of its case and landed on the tiled floor while I was standing in my room. I turned it on but it hanged to the startup logo screen and I heard this annoying beeping sound. Damn! I broke it! I just remembered it was out of warranty. Shit!


So I went to the store where I bought it and asked about their paid services or of Creative’s support center. It’s in faraway-from-me Manila! But this guy from the shop told me to download the firmware and see if my computer detects the hardware so I can upgrade it ‘coz it just might be the problem. Yes! My hopes were up.


So I tried that but my laptop can’t detect the damn hardware. So I went to another shop and asked about support for the damn thing. The guy there told me that there is a P1000 fee of having it checked by Creative – repaired or not! The hell, right!?! Then Moses asked what the problem might be with the player and he said it might be the motherboard and it costs P5000! I was like, no way! How much do these things cost nowadays anyway. And there are a lot other cheaper mp3 players out there. I said never mind, I’ll think about it.


So I thought about getting it fixed in a cell phone repair shop or the like but my gadget-guru officemate told me he’d try to fix it. Right now he’s doing just that with the help of Creative Discussion Forums. So far he’s doing the “Caveman Method”, which a lot of the people in the forum said was a success. Hahaha! Actually the “Caveman Method” and bringing it to the service center are the only solutions by far!


The “Caveman Method” is banging or rather tapping the player really hard with your palm or on the table. Yikes! Poor Zen Micro! But in fairness, there’s progress! =p I just hope it’ll work again!

Wishing you well... please work...work! work! work!
Until then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hon i hate it when your sad... ill see what i can do... if it cant be fixed i will save for an ipod for u...

Anne Bondoc said...

Wow! That's so sweet of you hon, but will try to fix the zen first =D hehehe!