2.21.2007

Food for Thought

I walk behind the shadows of the people walking in the light.

Moving in slow motion where everything around me moves fast.

My mind is asleep in the fresh morning.

My mind is awake in the somber night.

I like to listen as you speak.

I like to speak if you would listen please.

I breathe in the smoky air and exhale meaningless words.

I become wise out of confused thoughts.

I turn to His solace but refuse to listen.


Why?


Why can’t I walk with my own shadow?

Why can’t I walk in my own light?

Why can’t I keep up to pace?

Why are we in a hurry?

Why don’t we speak?

Why don’t we listen?

Listen! Speak up!

Breathe. Breathe.

Breathe in the fresh air.

Breathe in the life.


A few words mean so much more than a hundred words that are empty.

For actions speak louder than words.

No comments: