2.18.2007

Crossroads

I’m at the crossroad with a big question mark over my head. I’m at the point of having to decide what I should do for the rest of my career life. At my age, I can be anything I want, do anything I please, be anywhere I wish. Or not!


The point is, I know I’m not the only one feeling this way. I’m pretty much sure that a lot of people my age or so are at a similar crossroad I’m in. It’s what they call the ‘quarter life crisis’ (I'm getting there hehe). This is the right time to stop, think and choose our paths. I think this is the best time while we are young, while our hearts are on flame. But of course it’s always never too late. But we have to seize the right opportunities.


We are always given, not one, but many chances I believe. Everyday is a chance. Everyday there is opportunity. What chances are we taking in our everyday lives? What opportunities did we grab yesterday? What about today or tomorrow?


Right now, this very instant I’m at a standstill in this crossroad. Yes, I’m working. I have a stable job that offers decent benefits, good environment and a company that treats its people well. That’s all great but looking beyond this, I have to ask myself, “is this what I want to do for the rest of my career life?” Where has my passion for my work gone too? Why am I not fulfilled?


Oh, eager spirits that we are! We are always, always in a hurry. I am trying to understand this feeling of mine. Patience is not one of the virtues I’m good at. I hastily want to be on top. For me, unfortunately, it’s not the case. I have to work hard, gain experience, and prove my value...slowly and painstakingly!


Maybe this is just a phase. Maybe I’m being tested for my patience. Maybe I really do have to endure all these so I can better appreciate what God has blessed me with. I have to earn it this time because He has been very, very, very and I mean VERY good to me.


I will not falter to this challenge. Though I’m at a standstill, I’m still gaining much knowledge that can help me choose. I need to change for the better and equip myself with the necessary tools I need along the way. This transformation is vital in deciding what road to take. Yes! Maybe this standstill is a good thing. It’s giving me enough time for me to realize what I really want.


So for the mean time, I’m at a standstill in this crossroad. I’m just going about the things I have to do. I just do what I’m told. ‘For the mean time’ seems like a thousand years! But I will try my best to be patient and look at things on the brighter side. After all, I am still very blessed. I am here for a reason. And the reason, right now, only God knows. But in time it will unfold, piece by piece. Everyday, as I question myself and pray to God to send me my ‘sweet fat chocolate’ the answer is being revealed to me. Slowly but surely the pieces of the puzzle will fit and everything will make sense. Everything is worthwhile. No regrets.


So I thank God for yet another crossroad in my life. As we encounter it, we are given the opportunity to choose. The decision is ours as we exercise and express our freedom. And in choosing our path we are given ample time to decide. So being in this crossroad isn’t so bad after all. Let’s just set our goals and priorities straight and make sure we exercise our freedom so as not to prolong our state of seemingly futile crossroad. For if we take too much time, we may have already missed out on our opportunity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hon, i know it's very difficult for you... just be strong and patient... i promise you that i will be with you no matter what happens in your journey... whatever road you take i assure you that i will be by your side... i love you very much hon!!!