8.10.2006

The I, You, We Analogy

I am the positive
and you are the negative.
We are magnets.
Opposite poles attract.

I am the hole in the needle.
You are the thread.
With much effort you went through.
We now hem beautifully!

I am the words.
You are the melody.
Together, we make music
and sing in harmony.

I am the tongue
and you are the ears…
sometimes, and vice versa.
Together, we make wonderful conversations

I am the stone.
You are the ground.
Throw the stone up in the air.
It plummets back to the ground.

You are my map…
giving me directions,
taking me places,
helping me when lost.

You are my rainbow
after my storm,
giving color to my life,
brightening up my day.

You are the tree.
Your trunk to lean against,
Your branches of leaves for shelter
And your fruit…Oh, so sweet!

You are my inspiration
giving me hope
accepting the truth,
having faith.

We are the life
that breaths the air…
we are the love
that makes the heart beat.

No comments: