8.16.2006

I Know You...

Have you ever known someone all your life and realize that you don’t actually know anything about his or her life? You just know him...how he feels, what he likes or dislike. It’s kind of weird, but it’s true. Is that enough to know the person?

Hi! How are you? It’s been a long time since we’ve seen or talked in this tiny old house. Teasing or annoying you seems to be the only way for you to notice me.

What’s up? You seem to have become distant lately. Is anything the matter? You’re always up early, leaving hurriedly then coming home late at night...or rather early the next day. Is it work, graduate school or both?

So, I see you’ve been smoking, been drinking lately, been out too much. You look so tired. Can’t you stop and take things slowly?

I’ve never seen you like this. You seem sad and lonely. Managing a smile or a laugh just to hide the hollowness. Is it something...someone or just this hell of a life we keep complaining about?

Be happy. You have been blessed. Everything’s going to be okay. Pray. You’ve been there, gone and left, but you’ll be back. I’m sure of it. I know you. Usted es mi hermano.

Ohana!

No comments: