5.07.2007

My Greatest Risk Is My Greatest Love

I don’t quite remember how things have come to pass. The picture is fuzzy thinking about it today. But I’m glad I took that chance. I wasn’t 100% sure then. Now I’m sure more than ever, and probably the surest thing I know. I’ve been feeling this way for quite a while now. And that chance was one of the greatest risks I ever took.


Giving my heart to you was my greatest risk. My greatest risk is my greatest love.


I’d like to believe I’ve prepared myself for this. I did some planning, formed expectations and criteria in my head, had a few selections in my pocket. But after all those provisions I made for myself, I wasn’t ready. Then you came unexpectedly. But this was our 2nd chance. And I wouldn’t allow you to slip once again. I knew He did this for a reason. I knew this was supposed to happen. I knew that was the moment.


I now realized that He had set a better plan for me. Better than what I had planned before you came into my life. He blessed me with so much more…more than expected really. And it still blows me how you continue to surprise me with the littlest things that mean the world to me. Immeasurable, incomparable, priceless, pure love.


I’m just glad that we are able to respond to what He had planned for us. There are a lot of things, temptations and outside forces that could break us. But we’ll get by. You and I, we’ll get by. We will risk it all.

No comments: