3.28.2007

I'm No Rocket Scientist

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know things. And I'm no rocket scientist. I don’t need to prove things to believe in them. That’s because I have faith. And besides learning from my own experiences, I try to understand from others’ experiences as well.


I don’t have to experience heartbrokenness to give you sound advise on it. My credentials as a person who loved and lost (if there is such) does not matter when it comes to giving sound advise. It should not be a basis for anyone to believe in me or not. Besides, I am not the person concerned here. Do not underestimate a person who loves and never experienced her heart to be broken.


For the record, my heart was broken once. And I know how it is to lose someone you love. And I dealt with it at a young age. I faced it all on my own. Believe me no matter how deep or shallow and how different the love may be it still hurts. I’ve burned letters, threw away memorabilia, averted my eyes to avoid his and all those childish high school stuff. The point is, I’ve been broken. But that does not matter when I’m trying to help a friend cope with her own heartache, does it? Because I believe I was not biased based on my own experience. I based it the way I saw your situation with him and how you are now.


But yes, you may be right that you have to do what you have to do if it will give you your redemption. I told you, it’s still up to you. All I’m giving is a side, an option, another viewpoint hoping you can gain strength from it. But remember, you already know the answer. You just refuse to let it surface on your own, afraid to face reality, hesitant in accepting. You still need to hear it from him because this is your way. Perhaps this is your last attempt to win him back.


Oh! So ok. I guess that is it. That is why you’re being stubborn or (pardon me) stupid, whatever. And who am I to get in the way? How can I stop you when this is your way of coping? Because yes, we all have different ways of coping from heartache.


I just don’t want to see you get hurt again. You’re putting yourself in the middle of the battlefield lowering your defenses. You’re vulnerable right now and who knows what he can do to you! But I’ve realized you’re making a bold move. It’s a very brave thing to do trying to face him with your current state. Because you can breakdown any moment you’re with him.



So tomorrow...good luck. I hope you have enough strength to muster. Even though I think he wouldn’t show, I hope he does so you can get it over with. So you can put an end to your obvious (for me) questions. Whatever the outcome may be, I just wish you happiness. Whatever you’re feeling towards this, just pray I’m wrong. Prove me wrong. Whatever may be, I will always be here.

No comments: