9.12.2006

Dream To Live

I never expected much. I just try to appreciate everything that comes my way. I know what I have and what I don’t have. I know what I can and cannot do. I know and I don’t know. I try to live what life brings. I try to grab the opportunities presented and sometimes create it for myself. I’m fortunate at that, and sometime I wonder if I even deserve this life. Hmm? I say yes, although I may not understand it yet. I am here for a purpose.

Now, as I discover more and more each day about the world I live in and how it’s beautiful and cruel at the same time, I want to do more. Give more to the world that has been good to me. Give praises to Him who have blessed me. Reach out to the people to help. Yes, this is my dream. It’s simple, so it’s doable, but the impact is great! But the more I dream of it, the less it becomes reality.

But I have a goal. In 4 years time I want to look back and realize that I have lived my dream. In 4 years time I want to have made a difference. For myself, I want to “Explore. Dream. Discover.” just as Mark Twain wrote. I want to share this to the world, not for the fame or the glory. It’s self-fulfillment. Once you’re fulfilled, you can give so much because it flows freely out of you. It’s infectious.

They say I’m fickle-minded. Well, yes. That’s just me. There are only two things I am sure of in this world that I have decided to do for the rest of my life. That is to love and to realize my dream. I want to live, and “to live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all” (Osacar Wilde). Dream to live, my friend, and not the other way around.

So today and everyday that is to come is a chance to realize this dream. Let me count the ways…starting now.

No comments: