12.04.2004

Shopping and more...

I looove shopping! i don't go to the mall often but when Christmas season comes and all these bazaars start showing up...expect me to visit one of them...bargaining!!!

When i shop, i go all out...well at least 'till my budget can handle it. my eyes just get bigger and my radar on high mode! the good thing about this is that i don't only get to buy stuff for myself...i also think about others too! (well after i buy those stuff i really fall inlove with & can't stop thinking about) haha!

Earlier i went to St. James bazaar in Ayala Alabang. the stalls were awesome, but damn...it was sooo hot! hot like summer! so i have to thank Mos for bearing the heat & perspiration, and accompanying me, doing all the rounds in the bazaar :) thanx hon!

And as promised, he gave me my trucker cap!!! Yay to me! Remember the pink+brown trucker cap? well, this one comes close...it's a pink Roxy trucker cap!!! no brown color...i'll be the brown to that! haha!
Bought some other neat stuff too!

Boy, were we exhausted afterwards!
Before goin' to the bazaar we went Starex hunting! well not exactly. we just had to check out one in Hyundai, Alabang. Mos & his family are upgrading their van. It looks really good! this one is 2nd hand though. but it's well maintained...it has a tv/dvd and the thermometer thing for clubs. (i didn't quite get what they were talking about, so there) hehe :) He picked me up early this morning, both of us skipping breakfast. so damn! we really starved! fortunately, Mos' parents came to check out the van themselves. they treated us in Pancake House after! so i got to order my favorite taco! yumeh!

Mos is really excited about the van...coz he's the "driver" of the family, and this one is automatic! what a relief for him! The good thing about this is that they're getting it tomorrow! so yay to mos! hope you can sleep tonight and stop thinking about the van! hehe :)

I was reading my e-mail tonight, & my godfather sent me his usual "Daily Bread" messages. It really caught my attention 'coz it was so perfect for this day. (I only started reading his "Daily Bread" messages yesterday from the time he's been sending it to me for almost 1 year & ++months!) The lines at the end strike me, and it goes:

Our heart is made for God alone,
For only He can satisfy;
But oh how much we yearn for things
That in the end are but a lie.

Within each one of us there is a God-shaped vacuum that only God can fill.


So there! I've been thinking about shopping for the past few weeks 'til maybe the holiday season ends. I was thinking...the more i go to bazaars, the more i want to buy stuff for myself. it's true, i can't be satisfied w/ the clothes, bags, shoes, etc. It really got me thinking 'coz many people lost their homes after the typhoon last thursday, and here i am just shopping for myself...thinking of myself!
how bad am i?

Good thing it's never too late to help out. i'll sure be donating some goods, and ofcourse i'll be praying for them. i'm sure you will too. :)

1 comment:

Kinney said...

anne! post naman a pic of the cap! i want one! :D