6.07.2007

Orange - the Novel: Pre-Read

"Love your own."

I got a message from my Friendster...

Date: Wednesday, 6 June, 2007 6:34 AM
Subject: sharing stories
Message: Hi anne!

I see you like love stories. I'd like to share one with you. It's called ORANGE. I wrote it, and I'm promoting it. Check my profile, and if you like it, it'll be great if you help spread word about it as well! Thanks, and just message me; I'll be happy to reply.

- Joey (the author)

I have yet to read the story...but the title - "Orange" - already caught my attention. And as I read the description I knew I was going to like it.

Background/Description:

Orange is a modern day romance novel and social political commentary narrated by the story's two main characters - Archie and Anna.

When derisive and cynical rich kid Archie Tiangson goes to Ilocos for vacation, he meets Anna Raymundo - a feisty and cunning university heartthrob. Sparks fly and tempers flare as both strong and unyielding personalities clash in a contest of wills, challenging each other's deepest principles through a series of social and political critiques. When they break through each other's facades, they discover more about themselves, about each other, and find meaning in a world that once seemed mad, despoiled, and cruel.

Orange is more than a coming-of-age love story. Through intimate accounts by its main characters, the novel mirrors a young nation - flawed and broken in its search for identity - yet ultimately finding hope at a time when many have ceased to dream.

So if you're interested, give this novel a read and support our own. It is accessible online, then hopefully it can be published as a real book. Let's help Joey Silayan promote his story.

Checkout:
Orange's Official website
Orange's Friendster account

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, i'm touched. thank you anne :-)

- joey