1.24.2007

My Little Box

I see the world in this little box of mine
Where my life revolves.
It’s this little island called the Philippines.
A place where I grew up and will most likely end up
For the rest of my life.


But every now and then I will travel
And witness the world outside my box
To experience life the way I am not accustomed to.
And I will enjoy it
Every bits and pieces of the moment.


Then I will realize how wonderful life is
Inside and outside my box.
That my world is not just in this little box of mine.
That I can be anywhere in the world I like
And I can call it my own.


I will learn to value what I have
And appreciate the people I’ve met along the way.
Then little by little I will open my box
To let the world in
To let my world out.


And so this little box of mine
Will simply have to give way
To the breadth of life.
My world will no longer be in this little box
But something bigger, something better.

No comments: