10.03.2006

Fight the Good Fight


Stop. Just how productive do you think your day is? How are you spending your life today? Think...hmm...a little more...hmmm...

Blank. My day is such a waste. Sitting. Waiting ‘til the clock says it’s time.
I’m a bum at work. How horrible! Shameful. Better to work my ass off with a sweat than in this pretentious place. It’s so unfair and yet I’m aware of my callousness.

The devil is lurking around me. His cunning ways are ready to seize my soul, anytime now, to burn!

Help! Save me from captivity. I am rotting.

My ideas are confined in this hollow box. I long for the emancipation of my spirit. It’s out there...in the wild, in the open seas…where my heart treads. This idealistic mind boasts a lot but lacks feat. But my convictions are genuine. It is yearning with vigor. It is hopeful that the world tomorrow will be the consequence of the good fight, by us...today. “Fight the good fight”, we shall bellow together in unison.

And so I’m stirred not to succumb to apathy. I am in the battlefield waging war against my personal evils. I shall fight the good fight, and I will thrive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ey, it's not right to say that your not doing anything or not contributing because i myself know how much you are working. you might not notice it but i do. maybe at times you just need to focus or concentrate

Anne Bondoc said...

Thanks hon. Will do just that.